Las Vegas, NV is home to some of the purest desert spaces available. Many residents love to spend their time enjoying the dunes and playas on their ATVs, 4-wheelers, and other motorized toys. Use these tips to keep yourself and your property safe while you play.
- Always wear safety gear. Goggles, helmets, and gloves protect you from dangerous falls and flying objects.
- Cover your skin. Wear long sleeves and pants to protect your body if you slide out or take a tumble.
- Make sure your toy insurance is up-to-date. The professionals at Stevens Insurance can help you find the right policies to protect your ATVs and other motorized toys.
- Check your equipment before you ride. Make sure the tires are fully inflated and in good condition, and that the brakes are in working order.
- Most ATVs are not made for multiple people, no matter how small or thin.
- Walk the area you intend to ride. Check for dips, depressions, rocks, or other things that could cause you to lose your stability while riding.
- Children under the age of 16 should never be allowed to operate any motorized toy.
- Most motorized toys are designed to be driven off-road. Driving on paved surfaces can be dangerous. If you must drive over a paved surface, practice caution and never speed.
- Take a safety course before heading out to enjoy your equipment.
Following these tips will reduce the likelihood of experiencing catastrophic accidents or injuries. The experts at Stevens Insurance are here to help outdoor enthusiasts in the Las Vegas, NV area protect their desert toys. Contact us to find out how toy insurance can help you enjoy your recreational time even more.
Summer is a great time to take RV road trips in Nevada with your children. Traveling in an RV vehicle gives kids a sense of fun and adventure while allowing them to explore interesting sites across the state. Here are just a few of the many benefits families gain by taking their kids on the road.
Quality Family Time
RV travels provide ample opportunity for parents to have quality time with their children. There’s great freedom and flexibility in RVing as a family. You can plan places to visit that will interest your kids and choose camp spots with amenities your kids can enjoy. Spending quality time together will make your RV road trip an exciting and memorable occasion.
An RV road trip can be a great learning experience for children of all ages. Whether you’re exploring the great outdoors or visiting cultural sites, your kids can learn something new if you take time to answer their questions and teach them about their environment. Even campgrounds have much to offer as your kids socialize with others or partake of organized activities.
Convenient and Economical
RVing helps cut down the costs of a family vacation by eliminating air fares, hotel bills and reducing the amount of meals consumed in a restaurant. Traveling with a fully loaded kitchen makes it easier to prepare delicious and nutritious meals on the go. Many families find campgrounds a safer, more engaging environment for their kids than staying in a hotel. There’s also no need to unpack and repack your suitcases when you’re ready to move on.
By acquiring RV insurance before your road trip, you can enjoy stress-free travels with your kids. For expert advice on RV insurance coverage, give us a call at Stevens Insurance. We’ll set you up with just the insurance protection you need.