Las Vegas, NV is home to some of the purest desert spaces available. Many residents love to spend their time enjoying the dunes and playas on their ATVs, 4-wheelers, and other motorized toys. Use these tips to keep yourself and your property safe while you play.
- Always wear safety gear. Goggles, helmets, and gloves protect you from dangerous falls and flying objects.
- Cover your skin. Wear long sleeves and pants to protect your body if you slide out or take a tumble.
- Make sure your toy insurance is up-to-date. The professionals at Stevens Insurance can help you find the right policies to protect your ATVs and other motorized toys.
- Check your equipment before you ride. Make sure the tires are fully inflated and in good condition, and that the brakes are in working order.
- Most ATVs are not made for multiple people, no matter how small or thin.
- Walk the area you intend to ride. Check for dips, depressions, rocks, or other things that could cause you to lose your stability while riding.
- Children under the age of 16 should never be allowed to operate any motorized toy.
- Most motorized toys are designed to be driven off-road. Driving on paved surfaces can be dangerous. If you must drive over a paved surface, practice caution and never speed.
- Take a safety course before heading out to enjoy your equipment.
Following these tips will reduce the likelihood of experiencing catastrophic accidents or injuries. The experts at Stevens Insurance are here to help outdoor enthusiasts in the Las Vegas, NV area protect their desert toys. Contact us to find out how toy insurance can help you enjoy your recreational time even more.