You underestimate the curve and, before you know it, you are sliding across the pavement. Your bike is in the bushes, and you are in the middle of the road. What now?
What to do immediately after a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas, NV
You should do the following immediately following a car accident:
- Get out of the roadway. You do not want to be injured two times over by having an unsuspecting motorist run you over.
- Assess injuries and either call or ask for help.
- Call the police. You will need to file a police report, which may help you when filing your insurance claim.
- Gather information from witnesses and become familiar with your surroundings. This, too, will help you complete a more accurate application.
Things to include in your claim
Contacting a professional such as Stevens Insurance firm is an important step to take when you are involved in a motorcycle accident. You should include the following expenses in your claim:
- Medical bills. Current and future costs should be incorporated in your request.
- Pain and suffering that provides for emotional distress. Embarrassment is common among motorcyclists who suffer severe injury from car wrecks. You may find yourself in need of counseling due to paralysis or disfigurement. The cost of your pain should be included in your insurance claim.
- Loss of income. You are entitled to wages lost during your recuperation as well as decreases in earning capacity due to permanent injuries that inhibit your ability to pursue higher paying jobs.
What you should not do
You should never put off seeing the doctor after having a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas, NV. You may feel as if you are not injured, but the reality is that head trauma, and leg aches are common after crashes. It sometimes takes a day or two for these ailments to take effect. You should also refrain from admitting fault at the scene of the accident and never tell another motorist that damages they caused are “no big deal.”
An agent from Stevens Insurance can help you cope with the reality of a motorcycle accident. Prepare for the unfortunate instance of a car wreck today by calling our office for a consultation.